EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST SOUGHT FOR NGATI POROU HOLDING COMPANY LTD BOARD
Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou (TRONPnui) administers a range of assets on the collective behalf of all Ngati Porou. The Runanganui also advocates for the needs and aspirations of Ngati Porou, and the East Coast district; and ensures the delivery of primary health care and social support services to Ngati Porou whanau and East Coast communities.
TRONPnui has three main subsidiaries: Ngati Porou Holding Company, the commercial arm; Ngati Porou Hauora, a primary health care organisation; and Toitu Ngati Porou, the cultural development arm.
This Expressions of Interests process seeks applications, from suitably qualified and experienced persons, for: Ngati Porou Holding Company Limited (NPHCL)
There are up to three director vacancies for appointment to the NPHCL Board of Directors. NPHCL owns and administers $230m in commercial assets including equity investments, and farming, seafood and tourism businesses.
Skills and Experiences sought for the NPHCL Board
TRONPnui seeks applicants to appoint the NPHCL Board who possess one or more of these important attributes –
- A passion for Ngati Porou and Ngati Porou development.
- Depth of experience in corporate governance, leading and/or working successfully as part of a board.
- In-depth experience in primary industries (farming, forestry, horticulture, fishing) relevant to our assets.
- Demonstrated success within the context of iwi/Maori enterprise and stakeholder relationships.
- Sound knowledge of financial and equities investments (ideally), and otherwise sound financial management and analysis skills.
- Strategic and conceptual skills.
In addition, a successful applicants will ideally bring one of more of the following capabilities: legal/regulatory, organisational development or other specialist commercial skills and knowledge.
Board appointments to NPHCL are for terms of up to three years.
Full applications are due by no later 5.00 p.m. Friday 18 September 2020 to:
- Albie McFarlane - Board Secretary, Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou
- Email: AMcFarlane@tronp.org.nz
Queries can also be addressed to the Board Secretary for response.