EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST SOUGHT FOR TOITU NGATI POROU TRUSTEE LTD BOARD
Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou (TRONPnui) administers a range of assets on the collective behalf of all Ngati Porou. The Runanganui also advocates for the needs and aspirations of Ngati Porou, and the East Coast district; and ensures the delivery of primary health care and social support services to Ngati Porou whanau and East Coast communities.
TRONPnui has three main subsidiaries: Ngati Porou Holding Company, the commercial arm; Ngati Porou Hauora, a primary health care organisation; and Toitu Ngati Porou, the charitable trust that supports Ngati Porou cultural development.
This Expressions of Interests process seeks applications, from suitably qualified and experienced persons, for: Toitu Ngati Porou Trustee Limited (TNP)
There are up to seven director vacancies for appointment to the TNP Board of Directors. TNP generates income of approx. $1.6m p.a. with which it makes charitable distributions to Ngati Porou cultural development activities; and meets the costs of its own operations.
Skills and Experiences sought for the TNP Board
TRONPnui seeks applicants to appoint the TNP Board who possess one or more of these important attributes –
- A passion for Ngati Porou and Ngati Porou development.
- A proven track record in iwi and Maori cultural development (te reo me nga tikanga Maori, hapu and marae development, toi Maori)
- Experience leading and/or working successfully as part of a board and, ideally, familiarity with charitable trusts.
- Experience in not-for-profit community development (e.g. community/social housing, kaupapa Maori-led services)
- Strategic and conceptual skills.
Board appointments to TNP are for terms of up to three years.
Full applications are due by no later 5.00 p.m. Friday 18 September 2020 to:
- Albie McFarlane - Board Secretary, Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou
- Email: AMcFarlane@tronp.org.nz
Queries can also be addressed to the Board Secretary for response.