The Ruatoria Community with the support of Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou are hosting the 2020 Ngati Porou Inter Marae Sports (Pa Wars) which will be held on Friday 3rd January 2020 at Ngata Memorial College, Ruatoria.
The kaupapa of the Ngati Porou Pa Wars is to:
- Strengthen our whanaungatanga as Ngati Porou.
- Create a fun, relaxed and safe environment for whanau (mokopuna, tamariki, matua and tipuna) to play together.
- Promote healthy life style practices.
- Fundraise for our Marae whilst capitalising on friendly inter-marae rivalry.
- Run off some of the Christmas/New Year excesses.
- Increase Ngati Porou whanau and hapu participation in sports and recreation activities.
Marae packs were emailed and posted out to our marae today.
If you would like to participate in the Ngati Porou Pa Wars, in the first instance, please contact your marae to see if they will be entering a team.
Copies of the Marae Packs are available from the Ruatoria office or contact Hiria Shaw firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be sent a copy.
A few reminders, please ensure the following have been completed by the due date:
1. Registration Form
Completed, signed by two duly authorised Marae Committee representatives and returned by 12 noon, Wednesday 18th December 2019.
2 Registration Fee of $50.00
If paying by cheque or cash, please attach payment to registration form
Cheques to be made to Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou
Online payments to Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou Account - 01-0641-0232397-00
Reference: Pa Wars and “Name of Marae”
3 Nomination Form
Completed and signed by two duly authorised Marae Committee representatives and returned by Wednesday 18th December 2019.
4 Events Register
Completed and returned by Wednesday 18th December 2019.
5 Event Team Lists
Entry Forms Completed with names of team members for each activity. Please note, these have to be handed to the Admin Desk by 8:45am on the day.