Tena koutou nga kaihautu, nga kaitakatu o o tatou marae mai i Potikirua ki te Toka a Taiau. Tena hoki tatou i o tatou mate huhua. Na reira e nga mate takoto marie koutou ki tua o te arai. Tatou te hunga e takatu nei i runga i te mata o te whenua kia ora tatou.
The Ruatoria Community with the support of Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou are hosting the 2021 Ngati Porou Inter Marae Sports Festival on:
Sunday 3rd January 2021 at Ngata Memorial College, Ruatoria.
The kaupapa of the Ngati Porou Inter Marae Sports festival is to;
- Strengthen our whanaungatanga as Ngati Porou.
- Create a fun, relaxed and safe environment for whanau (mokopuna, tamariki, matua and tipuna) to play together.
- Promote healthy life style practices.
- Fundraise for our Marae whilst capitalising on friendly inter-marae rivalry.
- Run off some of the Christmas/New Year excesses.
- Increase Ngati Porou whanau and hapu participation in sports and recreation activities.
The emphasis is on "participation" not "competition" and we will be providing some incentives to boost the inter-generational interest and participation.
Inside the Marae Pack (click here to download Ngati Porou Pa Wars Marae Pack 2021 & Pa Wars Marae Pack 2021 - Team Lists) is a registration form that you will need to complete and return to our Ruatoria office by 12 noon on Wednesday 16th December 2020.
All enquiries should be directed to;
Leeanne Morice / Hiria Shaw
The marae pack and updates can be viewed on www.ngatiporou.com and also on the Pa Wars Facebook Page – Ngati Porou Inter Marae Sports Festival “Pa Wars”
Interim Chief Executive Officer
Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou