The Matakaoa Community with the support of Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou are hosting the 2017 Ngati Porou Inter Marae Sports Festival on Tuesday 3rd January 2017 at Te Waha o Rerekohu Area School, Te Araroa.
The kaupapa of the Ngati Porou Inter Marae Sports festival is to;
- Strengthen our whanaungatanga as Ngati Porou.
- Create a fun, relaxed and safe environment for whanau (mokopuna, tamariki, matua and tipuna) to play together.
- Promote healthy life style practices.
- Fundraise for our Marae whilst capitalising on friendly inter-marae rivalry.
- Run off some of the Christmas/New Year excesses.
- Increase Ngati Porou whanau and hapu participation in sports and recreation activities.
The emphasis is on "participation" not "competition" and we will be providing some incentives to boost the inter-generational interest and participation.
Inside the Marae Pack (Click here) is a registration form that you will need to complete and return to our Ruatoria office by 12 noon on Wednesday 14th December 2016.
All enquiries should be directed to; Leeanne Morice and or Hiria Shaw
Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou
P O Box 226, RUATORIA
Telephone (06) 864 9004
Email: LMorice@tronp.org.nz or, HShaw@tronp.org.nz
The marae pack and updates can be viewed (click here) and also on the Pa Wars Facebook Page – Ngati Porou Inter Marae Sports Festival “Pa Wars”
Please note three new events have been added so please ensure you read the pack fully.
We are seeking sponship
If you would like to sponsor an event or a number of events for this upcoming Festival please refer to the information in the sponsors pack. click here to download the sponsorship pack
Alternatively, if you are unable to sponsor cash prizes we are also seeking items that could be used as spot prizes on the day.
All sponsors are invited to share the day with Ngati Porou whanau, hapu and marae.
If you would like any further information, please contact Leeanne Morice or Hiria Shaw on (06) 864 9004, email LMorice@tronp.org.nz or Hiria Shaw HShaw@tronp.org.nz.