This website is home to a number of important and significant taonga including the publications, artworks, carvings and opinions of Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou and its stakeholders and shareholders. The purpose of these terms and conditions is to protect the runanga and its taonga. By using this website, you accept the following terms and conditions.
License to use website / ownership of copyright
Unless otherwise stated, Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou owns the intellectual property rights of the website and its content.
You may view, download and print pages from this website for your own personal use, subject to the following restrictions. You must not:
- republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose;
- redistribute material from this website.
You may request permission to use the copyright materials on this website by writing to the contact person below.
If you become aware of any material on the website that you believe infringes you or any other person's copyright, please report this to the contact person below.
You must not use this website:
- in any way that causes damage or affects the accessibility of the website;
- in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful.
- to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
- for any purposes related to marketing without the express written consent of Te Runanga o Ngati Porou.
Using our forums and comment areas - user generated content
- We encourage users to interact with the forums contained within this website, sharing opinions and ideas. However, there are rules we expect all users to adhere to.
- In these terms and conditions, user generated content means material including text, images, audio material, video material and audio-visual materials that you submit to this website, for whatever purpose.
- You grant Te Runanga o Ngati Porou permission to use, reproduce, publish, translate and distribute your user generated content in any existing or future media.
- Your user generated content must not be illegal or unlawful. It must not infringe any third party's legal rights and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action.
- You must not submit any user generated content that is the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
- Te Runanga o Ngati Porou reserves the right to edit or remove any material submitted or hosted on this website.
- Te Runanga o Ngati Porou does not undertake to monitor the submission of user generated content to, or the publication of such content on, this website.
- The opinions expressed in any comment or forum areas of this website are the opinions of the submitter and do not necessarily reflect those of Te Runanga o Ngati Porou.
Warranties and limitations
Nothing on this website constitutes advice of any kind. If you require advice in relation to any legal or financial matter you should consult an appropriate professional.
Te Runanga o Ngati Porou will not be liable to you in relation to the content or use of this website.
Te Runanga o Ngati Porou limits the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against Te Runanga o Ngati Porou officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with this website.
Breaches of these terms and conditions
If you breach these terms and conditions, Te Runanga o Ngati Porou may take action to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to the website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
Te Runanga o Ngati Porou may revise these terms and conditions from time-to-time. Revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of this website from the date of the publication of the revised terms and conditions on this website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and Te Runanga o Ngati Porou in relation to your use of this website, and supersede all previous agreements in respect of your use of this website.
Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with New Zealand law and any disputes relating to these terms and conditions will be subject to the [non-]exclusive jurisdiction of New Zealand courts.
Full name: Te Runanga o Ngati Porou
Registered address: Shed 3, 50 The Esplanade, Gisborne.
You can contact Trudy Lewis by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.