"Te Whakapumau i te Mana motuhake o Ngati Porou mo nga uri whakatipu. To uphold our Mana and Poroutanga for nga uri o nga whanau hapu o Ngati Porou"
Tell me what is the Ngati Porou Register?
The Ngati Porou Register is a database of Ngati Porou Iwi registered members' names, whakapapa and contact details which is maintained by Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou (Tronpnui).
1. Why should I register?
By registering as an Iwi member on the Ngati Porou Register you will be helping to contribute to the future development of Ngati Porou. As a registered Iwi member you are also:-
- Acknowledging your whakapapa connections to Ngati Porou Iwi, hapu and marae
- Eligible to vote in Tronpnui elections (if you are 18 years old or over) and other voting processes
- Eligible to stand for election on Tronpnui board of directors
- Able to receive panui via email or postal updates from Tronpnui
- Able to have your say about the future direction of Tronpnui as the organisations’ ultimate shareholder
2. I think I may already be registered, how can I check or update my details?
Just get in contact with Isobel Solomon, Registration Administrator at the TRONPnui office in Ruatoria or Call free on 0800 67 7346 (0800 NP REGO) or email email@example.com. Alternatively login to www.ngatiporou.iwi.nz or visit us at www.ngatiporou.com
3. How do I get my registration verified?
Just let us know if you need official verification to confirm your Iwi membership.
4. If I register with the Ngati Porou Register can I still register with other Iwi?
Ae, if your whakapapa supports affiliation to another iwi, you can register with that iwi too
5. Right, so how do I register?
You need to complete a Te Runanganui o Ngati Porou Registration form, one for yourself and if you have tamariki then one for each for them.
Grab some forms from Reception at our Ruatoria Office, 1 Barry Avenue OR Te Tini o Porou, 75 Huxley Road, or apply online at www.ngatiporou.iwi.nz
If you want to speak to our Registration Administrator, Call free on 0800 67 7346 (0800 NP REGO) or email your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Registration Check List
To assist you with ensuring your registration form is correct please read the handy check list below
- Personal and up to date contact details
- Whakapapa (at least up to 2 generations back to your grandparents)
- Ngati Porou whakapapa certified by one of the following:
- Ngati Porou Pakeke/Kaumatua;
- Ngati Porou Marae Trustee or Marae Committee member
- Ngati Porou Taura Here Committee executive member
- Te Runanganui Elected Representatives
- An authorised Te Runanganui Officer (ie, the CEO and any Senior Managers who are also registered Beneficial Members)
- The applicant must provide a copy of one of the following forms
- The applicant must provide a copy of one of the following:- Birth Certificate o NZ Passport o NZ Drivers Licence o NZ Firearms Licence
- Declaration signed, dated and witnessed.
7. What is a Rohenga Tipuna?
The Ngati Porou rohe has been divided into seven Rohenga Tipuna or Hapu Clusters. 48 Marae within Ngati Porou have been identified and have been arranged in order of Rohenga Tipuna.
For voting purposes, a Rohenga Tipuna must be identified, so it is important that you determine your primary marae and/or a secondary marae if you want to.
8. What happens to my Registration form once I send it in?
The Registration Administrator will check to ensure all registration requirements are met, they may need to get a hold of you if not.
Any application received and that complies with the requirement of the Registration Form is recorded as a provisional registration pending approval by the Ngati Porou Membership Committee.
Confirmation of membership will be sent to the applicant with their allocated Ngati Porou membership number. Where an application for registration is declined, the applicant may seek a review of the decision (refer to clause 27 – Dispute Resolution Procedure of the Tronpnui Trust Deed). The Deed can be accessed from the Runanganui Offices and online www.ngatiporou.com
9. Once I have registered, do I need to do anything else?
It’s really important that we keep you informed so please contact us with any changes either by:
- Logging into the online to the Ngati Porou Register www.ngatiporou.iwi.nz
- Calling 0800 67 7346 or 0800 NP REGO
- Emailing email@example.com
- Or calling into one of our offices or visiting us at www.ngatiporou.com